FOX34 Corner Kitchen: chipotle turkey burritos
Chipotle Turkey Burritos
· 1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
· 1 pkg (19.2 oz.) 93% or 99% lean ground turkey
· 1 onion, chopped
· 3 cups shredded carrots
· 2-3 tablespoons chipotle salsa
· 2-3 teaspoons chili powder
· 1 teaspoon cumin
· 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
· 1 (5.3 oz) container plain, Greek yogurt
· 1 cup shredded cheese, sharp cheddar or Mexican blend
· 1 package tortillas, such as Cauliflower or Siete
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the turkey, onion and carrots; slowly stir in the salsa, chili and cumin. Cook until turkey is browned and cooked.
2. Slowly stir in the broth and let simmer for about 10 minutes. Add the beans, yogurt and cheese; carefully stir together. Remove from heat.
3. Warm tortillas according to package directions. Fill each tortilla with about ½ cup turkey mix and fold tortilla. Drizzle with extra chipotle salsa if desired.