Since the end of March, federal student loan repayments have been on pause but soon students will have to start paying those back.
MORE LOCAL HEADLINES
Presidio and Brewster counties, home to the popular tourist destinations, along with nearby Culberson County, lead the state in cases per 1,000 residents in the last two weeks. All of West Texas is dealing with increasing COVID-19 cases while low on hospital beds.
Seven more people have died from COVID-19 in Lubbock County Thursday. That brings the county's total death toll to 378.
Health, city, and county officials are calling on citizens to remain diligent in wearing their masks and avoiding large gatherings.
- Coach Matt Wells tests positive for COVID-19
- Legal Aid Society Winchester gun safe raffle
- 6666 Ranches up for sale after 150 years
- Good Day Lubbock: Thursday, December 3
- Lubbock leaders say they can't legally enforce mask mandates
- Student and longtime friend remembers musician J.T. Braxton
- Man charged in Market Street shooting posts bond
- 7 additional deaths, 234 new COVID-19 cases and 409 recoveries reported Wednesday
- UPDATED: Shooting victim moderately injured after car rams into home
- 1.4 mil COVID-19 vaccines to be distributed in Texas for December
- North Lubbock Walmart temporarily closes for cleaning
- Stay home for the holidays or get tested twice, CDC urges
- Prominent Lubbock leader J.T. Braxton dies at 101
- Good Day Lubbock: Wednesday, December 2
- Covenant Health Grace Surgical Hospital to open Monday
- Lubbock restaurant falls victim to pandemic, effort to save others underway
- United Way's annual campaign raises more than $5 million
- United Family to donate $1 to local food banks for each flu shot given during Dec.
- South Plains Food Bank seeking volunteers
- State emergency crew aiding in COVID-19 response at Lubbock nursing home
- US panel: 1st vaccines to health care workers, nursing homes
- 5 additional deaths, 622 new COVID-19 cases, 435 recoveries reported Tuesday
- Man indicted for Palacio, Carbajal murders
- Lubbock County Sheriff's Office warns of scam
- Six people killed in Scurry County crash