Mushroom “Meatballs” w/Marinara and Broccoli Sprout Pesto
· Franklin Farms Portabella Veggie Meatless Meatballs
· 1 tsp olive oil
· 1 jar marinara sauce
For Broccoli Sprout Pesto:
· 2 medium cloves garlic peeled
· 1 container fresh broccoli sprouts
· 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
· ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
· 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
· 1/4 cup olive oil
1. In a large skillet, over medium heat, add 1 tsp olive oil. Carefully add mushroom meatballs to the skillet; cook according to package directions.
2. Slowly pour marinara sauce over mushroom meatballs; bring to a simmer.
3. In a food processor, pulse together the garlic, broccoli sprouts, spinach, cheese and salt. Slowly drizzle in olive oil and pulse until well combined.
4. Serve mushroom beat balls, drizzle with desired amount of pesto.
*Serving options: add pasta, veggie noodles, or serve on a roll for a “meatball” sandwich