Muleshoe, the county seat of Bailey County, is on U.S. Highway 84 in the Blackwater Valley. It was founded when the Pecos and Northern Texas Railway laid tracks across the county in 1913 and was named for the nearby Muleshoe Ranch. In 1917, when the county was organized, Muleshoe became the …

Welcome to Olton

Olton, on U.S. Highway 70 and Farm Road 168, twenty miles northeast of Littlefield in northeast Lamb County, was settled around 1900 by Harry Baughn, T. F. Brown, and Luther Williams on state land surrounded by the C. C. Slaughter ranch.

Welcome to Brownfield

Brownfield is at the junction of U.S. highways 62, 82, 380, and 385 and State Highway 137, forty miles southwest of Lubbock in central Terry County. In 1903 town promoters W. G. Hardin and A. F. Small arrived in Terry County planning to turn Small's few hundred dollars into thousands. The tw…

Welcome to Seagraves

Seagraves, at the intersection of U.S. Highway 62/285 and State Highway 83, in northern Gaines County, was promoted in 1916–18 by the Spearman Land Company of the Santa Fe Railroad. The original settlers were the J. C. Sartin family, who arrived in 1905 with nearly 800 cattle.

Welcome to Littlefield

Littlefield, the county seat of Lamb County, is on U.S. Highway 84, Farm Road 54, and the Santa Fe line in the south central part of the county. It was named for George W. Littlefield, who divided his Yellow House Ranch and formed a land company when surveys showed that the new Santa Fe line…

Welcome to Seminole

Seminole, the county seat of Gaines County, is at the intersection of U.S. highways 62, 180, and 385, State Highway 214, and Farm Road 181 in central Gaines County. In 1905, prior to the organization of Gaines County, W. B. Austin opened a post office in his store, which was about a mile sou…

Welcome to Post

Post, the county seat of Garza County, is on the Santa Fe Railroad at the junction of U.S. highways 84 and 380, east of the Caprock escarpment near the west central part of the county. The town began under the name Post City in 1907 as a colonizing venture of cereal manufacturer Charles Will…