Corner Kitchen: Low Sugar Apple Cranberry Sauce
LUBBOCK, Texas (KJTV) -
Recipe from United:
· 1 (12 oz) bag of fresh cranberries
· 3 cups chopped gala apples (about 3 small or 2 large)
· 1/3 cup raw sugar
· 1 cup water or ¾ cup water and ¼ cup juice
· Optional: cinnamon and walnuts
1. Place water and apples in a medium pot over medium heat. Cook until apples are tender; lightly mash apples.
2. Add cranberries and sugar; cook until cranberries pop and mixture begins to thicken, about 10-15 minutes. Stir in ½ teaspoon of cinnamon if desired.
3. Refrigerate until ready to serve. If desired, top with chopped walnuts when serving.
Copyright 2023 KJTV. All rights reserved.