Corner Kitchen: Mashed Potatoes and Cauliflower
LUBBOCK, Texas (KJTV) -
Recipe by United:
· 1 lbs Yukon potatoes
· 1 bag (16oz) frozen cauliflower
· ¼ cup milk
· 1 head garlic, peeled and chopped
· 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
· 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
· 4 oz. chopped Hatch green chiles
· Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a medium saucepan, heat oil. When hot, carefully add garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until it begins to turn golden brown; remove from heat.
2. Scrub and dice the potatoes, leaving the skin on. Place potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with water and a teaspoon of salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat ; reduce to a low simmer and cook until potatoes are fork tender. Drain the potatoes then place in a large bowl.
3. While the potatoes are cooking, place the cauliflower in a large microwave safe bowl. Add two tablespoons of water. Cook in microwave for 4 minutes; check to see if fork tender. Continue cooking two minutes at a time until fork tender; drain. Mash cauliflower with potato masher or electric beater.
4. Carefully pour milk over potatoes and mash using a potato masher or electric beater; slowly drizzle in garlic and oil; mix together. Add mashed cauliflower, cheese, and chiles. Stir together. Salt and pepper to taste.
Copyright 2023 KJTV. All rights reserved.