Corner Kitchen: Spicy Sausage Pasta
LUBBOCK, Texas (KJTV) -
Recipe from United:
· 2 tsp. olive oil
· 1 pkg. sweet turkey Italian sausage, removed from casings
· 2 cups salsa
· 1/2 cup chicken bone broth
· 1 cup milk
· 1/2 tsp chili powder
· 12 oz cooked pasta
· 1/2 tsp salt
· 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided
· 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
1. Add 1 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage, breaking up with the back of a wooden spoon. Cook for 5-6 minutes until browned.
2. Add the salsa, chicken broth, milk, chili powder, pasta, salt, and 1/2 cup of the parmesan cheese to the skillet. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil, stir, and cover the skillet. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the pasta is tender, approximately 12-15 minutes.
3. Remove the skillet from the heat. Top with the green onions, remaining 1/2 cup parmesan cheese. Serve.
Copyright 2023 KJTV. All rights reserved.