Corner Kitchen: Sloppy Joe Turkey Bowl
LUBBOCK, Texas (KJTV) -
Recipe from United:
- 1 package, 10 oz, chopped sweet potatoes
-2 Tbsp. Olive oil, divided
-1 lb. Lean ground turkey or beef
- 1 chopped bell pepper
- 3/4 cup reduced sugar BBQ sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
-pickles and pickled onions for toppings
1. Toss sweet potatoes in 1 Tbsp olive oil and cook according to package directions.
2. While potatoes cook, heat remaining oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place turkey in skillet and stir in bell pepper. Cook until turkey is browned and bell peppers are tender.
3. Stir bbq sauce into turkey mixture and heat through for 1-2 minutes.
4. In a 4 small bowls divide turkey mixture, then divide sweet potatoes. Top with pickles and pickle onions. Serve immediately.
Copyright 2023 KJTV. All rights reserved.