Corner Kitchen: Peach BBQ Chipotle Chicken Tacos
LUBBOCK, Texas (KJTV) -
Recipe from United:
· 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
· 2 lb Skinless boneless chicken tenderloins
· 1 onion thinly, diced
· 2 cups peaches, thinly sliced
· ¾ cup lower sugar BBQ sauce (such as Stubb’s Reduced Sugar BBQ Sauce)
· ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
· 2 chipotles, minced
· Salt and pepper to taste
· Corn tortillas
· Shredded cabbage
· 1 Peach, diced
· 1 tomato,
· 1 avocado, diced
· 1 cup crumbled Queso Fresco
· Lime wedges or lime juice
1. Preheat the slow cooker on high.
2. Heat the olive oil in a nonstick skillet over high heat. Add the chicken and cook just until the chicken is golden brown on each side.
3. Put the peaches into the slow cooker and add the chicken, onions, BBQ, apple cider vinegar and chipotle. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-7 hours.
4. Remove the chicken and pull it into shreds. Return to the slow cooker to toss with the sauce. Adjust with salt and pepper, to taste. Continue cooking on high to allow sauce to reduce slightly.
5. Place the chicken into the taco shells and top with cabbage, peaches, tomatoes, avocado, queso, lime and cilantro.
6. Serve immediately
Copyright 2023 KJTV. All rights reserved.