Corner Kitchen: Reduced Carb Baked French Toast
LUBBOCK, Texas (KJTV) -
· 12 slices Orowheat Keto Bread, cubed
· 4 oz cream cheese
· 6 tablespoons monk fruit sweetener
· 2 Tbsp. butter
· ½ tsp. cinnamon
· 1 tsp. vanilla
· 2 eggs
· 1 ¼ cup milk
· Optional toppings: fruit, walnuts, pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease an 8x8 baking dish. Place cubed bread into dish and set aside.
3. In a food processor or using a mixer, beat cream cheese, sweetner, butter, vanilla and cinnamon together in a large bowl.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each egg; stir in milk.
5. Pour mixture over cubed bread, toss gently to cover all the bread. Let stand 15 min.
6. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and set.
Note: This can be made ahead of time and store in the refrigerator overnight; add 5-10 minutes to baking time.
Copyright 2022 KJTV. All rights reserved.