Sunday morning top stories: Lea Co. Sheriff’s Office investigating death
LUBBOCK, Texas (KCBD) - Your Sunday morning brief,
The Lea County Sheriff’s Office is investigating after a woman was found dead in a vehicle in Hobbs.
- Deputies were called to the 200 block of E Carter Lane
- They found 29-year-old Vanessa Najera dead
- More information here: Lea County Sheriff’s Office investigating after woman found dead in vehicle
Texas Tech is now bowl eligible after a road win against Iowa State on Saturday.
- Both teams refused to give any ground in the first quarter, with a 0-0 score
- The Red Raiders came out on top with a 14-10 win
- Miss the game? Catch up here: Texas Tech bowl eligible after 14-10 win over Iowa State
The Lubbock Police Department will be conducting several follow-up crash investigations Sunday morning.
- Starting at 8 a.m., the investigations should last about three hours
- Motorists are asked to avoid the areas
- See the locations here: LPD conducting follow-up crash investigations, traffic delays expected
For more news, local and national, stick with KCBD on its free app and website; just look in the News section.
Copyright 2022 KCBD. All rights reserved.