Saturday morning top stories: pedestrian seriously injured after being hit by vehicle
LUBBOCK, Texas (KCBD) - Your Saturday morning brief,
On Friday night, a vehicle struck a pedestrian in central Lubbock.
- The crash occurred just before 9 p.m., leaving the person seriously injured.
- The person was taken to UMC.
- Read more here: Pedestrian seriously injured, struck by vehicle in central Lubbock
One was moderately injured in a rollover on N Loop 289 near Idalou Road.
- Authorities responded to the crash just after 9:30 p.m. on Friday night.
- The person crashed in the eastbound service lane of the Loop.
- See an image of the crash here: One injured in crash on N Loop 289 near Idalou Road
A suspected thief tries to ride a bicycle away from a potential crime scene, but crashes into the back of a trailer across the street.
- The homeowner caught the man riding a bicycle toward her own bicycle and air pump before confronting him. He then rides away and crashes into the back of a metal trailer, injuring himself.
- Her bike and air pump were missing later and the homeowner checked her cameras to see the same man with another person attempting to break into her house.
- Watch the crash unfold here: ‘Biggest boom I’ve ever heard’: Suspected thief’s getaway plan goes awry; homeowner calls it ‘instant karma’
For more news, local and national, stick with KCBD on its free app and website; just look in the News section.
Copyright 2022 KCBD. All rights reserved.