39th Annual Children’s Miracle Network telethon raises $1.1 Million
LUBBOCK, Texas (KCBD) - Wednesday, September 21 was the 39th Annual Children’s Miracle Network City Bank Celebration Broadcast on KCBD NewsChannel 11. As the only CMN Hospital in the region, the Celebration highlighted our CMN partnership, as well as continuing to raise money to provide the best care possible for the children in our region at UMC Children’s Hospital.
Thanks to your generosity, a total of $1,112,000 was raised for the hospital and all of the money will go toward the care of children right here in Lubbock at University Medical Center.
The event highlighted our miracle children and their families as well as their doctors and UMC Children’s Hospital staff. We also recognized national and local sponsors as well as individuals and organizations that have raised funds and supported CMN during the year.
Donations are still being accepted. Please call 806-747-KIDS (5437). Any donation makes a difference. You can also become a Miracle Maker by pledging $20 a month for a year.
UMC Children’s Hospital wants to thank the supporters and sponsors that help make this event happen! Your donation matters!
- UMC Children’s Hospital has served the children of our region since 1978 and was the first pediatric hospital in the region
- Along with Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, UMC Children’s Hospital has led the way in providing advanced care from research-based experts
- UMC is the only hospital in the region verified as both a Level 1 Trauma Center and Pediatric Level 2 Trauma Center
- Level 4 NICU – the highest available
- Certified Baby-Friendly by Baby Friendly USA, Inc
- UMC houses the Timothy J. Harnar Regional Burn Center – the region’s only pediatric burn center within 400 miles
- UMC Children’s Hospital is home to the first and only facility dog at any Children’s Hospital in West Texas
- UMC Children’s Emergency Center provides more resuscitation and trauma rooms for children than any other in West Texas
- Children’s Behavioral Health Clinic, sponsored by UMC Children’s Hospital and Texas Tech University, supports recovery from both general mental health concerns and traumatic events
- UMC’s mission is one of service – UMC loves kids and supporting families because Our Passion is You!
Copyright 2022 KCBD. All rights reserved.