Friday morning top stories: Lubbock teen missing since mid-July
LUBBOCK, Texas (KCBD) - On Daybreak Today,
A Lubbock teen has been missing since July 15.
- Authorities are looking for 17-year-old Summer Colvin.
- She is one of 32 children that were reported missing in Texas in July.
- More information here: Authorities searching for Lubbock teen missing since mid-July
A Lubbock business is attempting to rebuild after a series of crimes at their location, including arson.
- The Schlotzsky’s restaurant on 19th Street experiences a couple of burglaries and theft in July.
- The burglar left a threatening note demanding $5 thousand after stealing several items from the store.
- The story continues: Owners eager to rebuild after Lubbock Schlotzsky’s destroyed by arson
A Friona woman allegedly held 17 immigrants hostage in her home.
- Manuela Magdalena Jimon Castro faces federal charges.
- She and another individual demanded the harbored immigrants to pay $11 thousand to $13 thousand to be set free.
- Learn more here: Friona woman charged after holding 17 immigrants hostage
For more news, local and national, stick with KCBD on its free app and website; just look in the News section. As always, be sure to join Sharon Maines, Steve Divine, and Angie Winn for your top headlines. Download the free KCBD NewsChannel 11 app, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Copyright 2022 KCBD. All rights reserved.