UMC continues to require masks for staff, patients, visitors
LUBBOCK, Texas (KCBD) - University Medical Center has updated their visitation guidelines as of Monday, July 26, 2021.
The following news release was sent Monday afternoon:
UMC strives to always ensure the safety of our patients, visitors, and staff, as we assess current visitation and mask protocols. As UMC continues to follow CDC guidelines regarding COVID-19, we are updating visitation policies, effective Monday, July 26, 2021.
As you prepare for a visit to UMC, please keep the following in mind:
UMC will continue to require masks for staff, patients, and visitors.
UMC adjusted visitation guidelines to allow additional visitors:
Non-COVID can have visitors of all ages:
- Two visitors per patient per day.
- For end of life – five visitors at a time with no maximum number of visitors.
To continue to keep Lubbock safe and healthy, we are not allowing COVID patients to have visitors, with few exceptions:
- Family Birth Center may have one coach or partner per patient
- Patients under 18 may have two visitors per patient per day
- NICU may have mother + one other visitor
- End of Life may have up to two visitors at a time with prior authorization
Copyright 2021 KCBD. All rights reserved. Information provided by University Medical Center.