Corner Kitchen: Pickled Red Onions
LUBBOCK, Texas (KJTV) - Brenda Garcia, a dietitian with United Supermarkets, shares a recipe for pickled red onions.
· 1 red onion, thinly sliced
· 1 clove garlic peeled and smashed
· 3 Tablespoons Sugar
· 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
· 1/2 teaspoon whole peppercorns
· 1/2 Cup Apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
· 1 Cup Water
1. In a medium pot, stir together all ingredients and bring to a boil.
2. Once boiling remove the pan from the heat, cover and let come to room temperature.
3. Serve immediate or store. To store the pickled onions keep submerged in liquid in a non reactive container like glass or plastic, NOT aluminum.
Serve with tacos, burgers, BBQ, eggs, burritos, chicken, fish, on salads or sandwiches.
Copyright 2021 KJTV. All rights reserved.