Corner Kitchen: Charred Onion and Red Pepper Pico De Gallo
LUBBOCK, Texas (KJTV) -
• 1 large H-E-B Texas Root White Onion, ends trimmed and onion cut into thick slices
• 1 cup(s) red bell peppers, minced or diced small
• 1/4 cup(s) red jalapeño, minced small
• 1/4 cup(s) fresh cilantro, chopped small
• 1/2 Tsp H-E-B Peeled Garlic Cloves, approximately 1 clove, minced fine or zested
• 1/2 cup(s) fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat grill to medium-high.
2. Spray onion slices liberally with non-stick oil or non-stick spray and grill for 5 to 10 minutes per side or until very nicely charred on both sides.
3. Remove onions from gill, allow to cool, then chop fine.
4. In a bowl, combine onions, bell peppers, red jalapeños, cilantro, garlic and lemon juice. Toss together and season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to meld. Use on anything from a dip for chips to topping for grilled meats and tacos.
Click the link for the recipe from HEB:
Copyright 2021 KJTV. All rights reserved.