Corner Kitchen: Brisket Cheesesteak Hotdogs
LUBBOCK, Texas (KJTV) -
· 6 H-E-B Texas Heritage Beef Brisket Hot Dogs
· 1 Tsp canola oil
· 2 1/2 Oz H-E-B Fresh Cut Diced White Onion
· 3 Oz H-E-B Fresh Cut Diced Jalapeño
· 6 hot dog buns
· 12 slices provolone cheese
1. Turn on oven broiler.
2. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add hot dogs and cook until nicely brown on all sides. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
3. To same skillet, add oil, onions and jalapeños. Stir and cook until onions begin to soften slightly. Remove from pan and keep warm.
4. Toast cut sides of each bun in hot pan just until lightly browned. Layer 2 pieces of cheese on toasted sides and place under broiler just until cheese is melted.
5. Top with cooked hot dogs and divide onions and peppers between all the hot dogs. Top with condiments as desired.
6. Chef’s Note: This recipe can also be done on the grill using a cast iron skillet to cook the peppers and toast the buns.
Click the link below for this recipe from HEB:
Copyright 2021 KJTV. All rights reserved.