Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. Frankly and this Site make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you are affiliated with this page and would like it removed please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Redis Labs
Redis Labs Continues to Establish Itself as the Database of Choice for the Fortune 1000
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., March 8, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Redis Labs, the home of Redis and provider of Redis Enterprise, today announced its 10th consecutive quarter of double digit growth. The company's software ARR increased by over 100 percent this past fiscal year ended on January 31, 2018. Redis Labs continues to gain traction with enterprise customers-adding ADP, AllState, Cathay Insurance, ClubMed, CME Group, Cox Communications, Eurobet, GE Transportation, Experian Health, HRA, Israeli Post, MasterCard, Schneider Electric, Credit Agricole and WestPac Banking Corporation.
The increased revenue is the result of widespread customer adoption. The company's enterprise customer count has grown to more than 8,200, driven by an acceleration of product innovation and expansion of Redis Labs' sales and marketing reach since its latest round of funding in April of 2017. In a recent survey, Redis Enterprise customers reported using the product to power a broad range of solutions in a variety of use cases. This growth is primarily driven by the advantages of high performance, true high availability and seamless scaling. More and more, customers demand database platforms that offer the versatility and resource efficiency necessary to power the next generation of applications-functionality that legacy databaseslack.
"We are seeing enterprises gear up for a cloud-native world, with increased focus on high performance databases for their business-critical applications," said Ofer Bengal, CEO and co-founder of Redis Labs. "With matchless innovations in the Redis Enterprise platform, such as Active-Active geographic distribution powered by CRDTs, we have built the trust of some of the world's largest brands."
Technology Luminaries Added to Redis Labs Boards:
- Industry veteran Scott McNealy joined the company's advisory board. McNealy, a Silicon Valley legend, served as co-founder and CEO of Sun Microsystems for more than 20 years-one of the longest tenures in industry history. McNealy will influence Redis Labs' strategy and help the company with its continued advancement of enterprise technology and customer adoption.
- Redis Labs announced the addition of Carlos Baquero, PhD, one of the creators of Conflict-Free Replicated Data Types (CRDTs), to the company's technical advisory board. Dr. Baquero is an assistant professor at Universidade do Minho in Portugal and senior researcher at the High Assurance Software Laboratory at INESC TEC. Baquero brings a portfolio of distributed computing research expertise, and will contribute to Redis Labs' strategy in accelerating database innovation to serve its customers better.
Strengthened Executive Team:
- Industry veteran Alvin Richards joined the executive team as Chief Education Officer to lead a worldwide Redis Labs education initiative. Most recently, Richards was the field chief technology officer at MariaDB; he was also vice president of product at Aerospike and engineering lead at MongoDB. He has worked with SaaS startups, enterprise storage (NetApp) and byte-code virtualization and containers (Docker).
- Rob Schauble, senior executive with a track record of creating innovative products and services and developing new businesses, joined the Redis Labs leadership team to lead the IoT initiative. Most recently, he commercialized Apache Trafodion, an open source, web-scale, transactional database on Hadoop at Esgyn. Prior to starting Esgyn, Rob was vice president of research and development at Hewlett-Packard, where he led the development of HP's Big Data MPP clustered database products, including a state-of-the art enterprise data warehouse database solution.
- The Forrester Wave™: Translytical Data Platforms Q4 2017 named Redis Labs as a leader, citing the company's "support of both relaxed and strong consistency depending on the application requirement with a flexible and schemaless model that's built on a shared-nothing symmetric architecture." The independent research also states, "customers like its business value, support for broad use cases, performance and customer support."
- In December 2017, Redis Labs placed 50th in Deloitte's Technology Fast 500™, a ranking of the 500 fastest growing technology, media, telecommunications, life sciences and energy tech companies in North America.
- Redis Labs was ranked 24th out of 500 companies for the Deloitte Technology Fast 500™ EMEA, and the company was named the fifth fastest-growing technology company on the Technology Fast 50 Israel™ list.
- Stackshare named Redis a Top 50 Developer Tool of 2017 and number seven in the Application & Data Tool of the Year category. Notably, Redis was the first-ever database solution to appear in Stackshare's top 10 list since its inception.
- G2 crowd listed Redis Labs among its top 10 B2B tech providers of 2018 in the Silicon Valley, citing the solution's availability and stability as its highest-rated features.
- Redis Labs has also climbed two spots to number eight in the DB-Engines Rankings.
- The company released the latest version of Redis Enterprise 5.0, which delivers record-breaking, linearly-scaling, high-performance data processing features ideal for cloud and container-native delivery models with higher availability, scaling and unmatched cost efficiency over open source Redis.
- Active-Active geographic distribution, powered by cutting-edge CRDT technology, allows users to deploy Redis Enterprise databases globally, yet provide local latencies for writes and reads, simplify conflict resolution and enable strong eventual consistency for distributed datasets.
- Introduced the OSS Cluster API in Redis Enterprise enabling linear scaling, setting a new industry benchmark by delivering more than 30 million ops/second with under one millisecond latency using as few as 18 EC2 nodes. This helps organizations better accommodate for growth without sacrificing elasticity or performance in favor of costs or limitations often imposed by databases.
- The company announced the availability of a free Redis Enterprise service availability inside customer VPCs for 14 days to explore the power of Redis Enterprise at no cost.
- The recently announced Redisearch delivers true real-time search capabilities, providing full text search, secondary indexing and a suggestion/autocomplete engine.
"Ensuring continuous availability and superior performance for our users is paramount for our business," said Pablo Bustos, software engineer at Groupon. "With the new Active-Active capability in Redis Enterprise 5.0, we have the same Redis Enterprise speed and latency on reads and writes across our geographically distributed databases, delivering a seamless experience for our users."
To see and hear the latest in the thriving Redis community, join RedisConf18 in San Francisco from Apr 24-26 for with over 75 keynotes and sessions.
About Redis Labs
Redis Labs, home of open source Redis, the world's fastest in-memory database platform, provides Redis Enterprise (Redise), as a cloud service and as downloadable software, to over 8,000 enterprise customers. The high performance, true high availability and seamless scaling of Redise, are top-ranked by industry analysts, and power use cases such as high speed transactions, queuing, user session stores, and caching, in e-commerce, social, personalization, IoT, metering, fraud detection and other real-time applications. Redis, voted the most loved database, rated the #1 cloud database, #1 database on Docker, #1 NoSQL datastore, and fastest growing NoSQL database reduces application complexity, simplifies development, accelerates time to market and provides unprecedented flexibility to developers.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/redis-labs-announces-10th-consecutive-quarter-of-double-digit-growth-300610521.html
©2017 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.