LUBBOCK, Texas – The Lady Raiders are set to face No. 7 seed Iowa State in the opening round of the Phillips 66 Big 12 Championship on Friday evening.
Venue: Chesapeake Energy Arena
Place: Oklahoma City, Okla.
Opponent: Iowa State
Date: Friday, March 2
Tip-off Time: 8:30 p.m.
TV: FOX College Sports
Talent: Ron Thulin (play-by-play); Brenda VanLengen (analyst)
Radio: 107.7 FM
Talent: Mark Finkner (play-by-play); Chuck Heinz (analyst)
· This will be the second time in three years that the Lady Raiders and the Cyclones have played in the opening round of the tournament.
· Texas Tech holds a 3-1 record over Iowa State in the Big 12 tournament. The only game the Cyclones have won over the Lady Raiders was on March 8, 2001, when ISU captured a 73-62 win in the second round of the tournament.
· This is the 34th meeting between the Lady Raiders and the Cyclones. Iowa State owns the all-time series record, 19-14.
· Iowa State swept the Lady Raiders this season, picking up a 66-54 win in Lubbock and a 69-57 win in Ames.
· The Lady Raiders look to snap a 11-game skid after dropping the final game of the season to Kansas State, 86-63. Freshman Lyndsey Whilby led the team with 14 points, two rebounds and a steal.
· Iowa State enters the matchup on a win streak after defeating Kansas, 65-56, on senior night. Emily Durr led the team with 27 points, three rebounds, five assists and a steal.
With a win over Iowa State, the Lady Raiders would advance to face No. 2 seed Texas in the quarterfinals on Saturday. Tipoff is set for 6:30 p.m.