LUBBOCK, Texas – A storied history between Texas Tech and Texas women's basketball continues as the Lady Raiders travel to Austin for the 100th time in program history on Wednesday.
Venue: Frank Erwin Center
Place: Austin, Texas
Opponent: #6 Texas
Date: Wednesday, Feb. 14
Tip-off Time: 7 p.m.
TV: Longhorn Network
Talent: Alex Loeb (play-by-play); Nell Fortner (analyst); Tyler Denning (sideline)
Radio: 107.7 FM
Talent: Mark Finkner (play-by-play)
· The Lady Raiders travel Austin on Wednesday to face No. 6 Texas in the 100th meeting in school history. Tipoff is set for 7 p.m. on Longhorn Network.
· This is the 100th meeting between the two schools and the 45th since the Big 12 began. Texas leads the all-time series, 70-29, and has a 33-7 advantage when playing in Austin. The two have been conference foes since the Southwest Conference.
· In the last meeting, the Lady Raiders fell to then No. 9-ranked Texas, 90-39, in Lubbock.
· The Last time the Lady Raiders defeated the Longhorns was on Feb. 17, 2013, when the Lady Raiders completed the season sweep with a 69-62 victory in the United Supermarkets Arena.
· The Lady Raiders enter the matchup on a six-game skid after losing to West Virginia, 74-60, on Saturday. Sophomore Brittany Brewer led the team once again with 13 points, three assists and a steal against the Mountaineers.
· The Longhorns enter the matchup on a five-game win streak after defeating Kansas State, 76-54, in Austin. Brooke McCarty led Texas with 17 points, four rebounds, two assists and two steals.
The Lady Raiders travel to Iowa State on Saturday for a 3 p.m. tipoff.