Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. Frankly and this Site make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you are affiliated with this page and would like it removed please contact email@example.com
Canadian fitness industry leader, canfitpro reveals top trends expected in the coming
year based on results from its annual survey of fitness professionals
Click HERE for a downloadable infographic
TORONTO, Dec. 11, 2017 /CNW/ - The results are in…the ability to move optimally for everyday life is more important than ever to Canadians. Functional Fitness -- training our muscles to work together by simulating daily common movements like carrying groceries -- is back as the #1 fitness trend for 2018 according to the results of canfitpro's annual fitness trends survey. High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) falls to #2 and Older Adult Training climbs up to #3.
Survey results also reveal that:
Canada's authority in fitness education for 25 years, canfitpro reached its nearly 30,000 members, including fitness professionals, health club operators, industry suppliers and fitness consumers from across Canada to gather the annual survey results.
Media Note: Interview opportunities with local canfitpro Fitness Professionals are available by request.
The top 10 Canadian fitness trends for 2018 are:
1) Functional Fitness (#2 in 2017; #1 in 2016)
2) High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) (#1 in 2017)
3) Older Adult Training (#6 in 2017)
4) Active Recovery *Debut in 2018 Top 10
5) Express Workouts (#4 in 2017)
6) Branded Group Fitness *Debut in 2018 Top 10
7) Circuit Training and Boot Camps (#6 in 2017)
8) Nutrition and Healthy Eating Programs (#5 in 2017)
9) Body Weight Training (#9 in 2017)
10) Fusion-style Group Fitness (returns to the Top 10 in 2018; was #7 in 2016)
Click HERE for the full press release, including descriptions of each fitness trend.
©2017 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.