Frayed extension cord determined to be the cause of Lubbock teen

Frayed extension cord determined to be the cause of Lubbock teen's electrocution

Posted: Updated:
New México -

A Lubbock teen was killed in New Mexico after a fatal electrocution while bathing.

Lovington Police have concluded 14-year-old Madison Coe's Samsung S6 Edge cell phone was never actually immersed in water.

The particular extension cord connected to her phone charger had a frayed area. The teen came into contact with this frayed area while in the tub resulting in her electrocution.

Her parents have allowed Coe's last text message she sent to be released to the media.

They hope releasing this screenshot to the public will raise awareness of the dangers of combining electricity, water and portable electronic devices.

Powered by Frankly