Medical examiner confirms Lubbock teen died of electrocution

Medical examiner confirms Lubbock teen died of electrocution

Posted: Updated:
Photo: GoFundMe page Photo: GoFundMe page
LUBBOCK -

A New Mexico medical examiner has determined a Lubbock teen who died Sunday was electrocuted.

The story gained national attention after reports indicated the 14-year-old was found in the bathtub with her charging cell phone.

Lovington Police Department reports a cell phone, charger and extension cord were found at the scene. 

The United States Consumer Product Safety Commission is now assisting the department in the investigation. 

A GoFundMe page has been set up for the family to help with expenses. 

Powered by Frankly