Plainview Wal-Mart evacuated due to natural gas leak

Plainview Wal-Mart evacuated due to natural gas leak

Posted: Updated:
PLAINVIEW, Texas -

Customers and employees at the Plainview Wal-Mart were evacuated this afternoon due to a reported gas leak.

Atmos reports workers painting on the roof turned a ball valve on a central heating furnace and forgot to turn it back. 

The Plainview Daily Herald reports some individuals were taken to the emergency room for headaches.

Atmos employees were on site performing a leak test.

Employees were allowed back in the building, while customers are still being asked to stay out as a precaution, according to an Atmos spokesperson. 

Powered by Frankly