Banza Beefy Mac and Cheese
* 1 box Banza macaroni and sheese
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
* 1 onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
* 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
* 1 pound 93% lean ground beef
* 1 – 14 oz. can crushed tomatoes
* Salt and pepper
* 1 teaspoon each dried basil, ground cumin, and dried oregano
* ½ cup grated 2% cheddar cheese
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare the macaroni and cheese according to package directions.
3. Heat the oil in a large skillet; add the peppers, onion, garlic and saute until browned. Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste; follow with basil, cumin, and oregano.
4. In a large bowl, combine the macaroni and the beef mixture. Spread this mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Top with the cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is lightly browned and bubbly.