30 Minute Portobello Mushroom Stir-fry
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 tsp minced ginger
* 3-4 Tbsp maple syrup
* 3-4 Tbsp tamari or low sodium soy sauce
* 1 Tbsp sesame oil
* 3 Tbsp lime juice
* 1 Tbsp water
* 2 portobello mushrooms
* 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
* 1 cup chopped broccolini
* 4 cups cooked brown rice or cauliflower rice
1. Next wipe portobello mushrooms clean with a slightly damp towel (do not immerse in water or they will get soggy) and slice into thin strips. Prepare marinade by adding all ingredients to a small mixing bowl and whisking to combine. Add portobello mushrooms to a large shallow dish, such as a 9x13-inch baking pan, and top with marinade. Gently stir/toss to combine. Set aside to marinate for 10-12 minutes while you prep your vegetables. Toss occasionally to evenly coat.
2. Once portobellos marinated, heat a large skillet over medium heat and add a bit of sesame oil. Then add only as many portobellos will fit comfortably in the pan, and sauté for 2-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and slightly seared. You may have to do this in two batches depending on the size of your pan.
3. Set portobellos aside and loosely cover to keep warm. Then add red pepper and broccolini to the pan and increase heat to medium-high. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add any remaining portobello marinade and toss to coat. Cook for 1 minute. Then remove from heat and serve immediately.
4. Enjoy over a bed of cooked rice!