Skillet Gnocchi with Chard and White Beans
* 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin Olive Oil, divided
* 1 16-ounce package shelf-stable Gnocchi
* 1 medium yellow Onion, thinly sliced
* 4 cloves Garlic, minced
* 1/2 cup Water
* 6 cups chopped Chard leaves (about 1 small bunch) or Spinach
* 1 15-ounce can diced Tomatoes with Italian seasonings
* 1 15-ounce can white Beans, rinsed
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground Pepper
* 3/4 cup shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add gnocchi and cook, stirring often, until plumped and starting to brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
2. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and onion to the pan and cook, stirring, over medium heat, for 2 minutes. Stir in garlic and water. Cover and cook until the onion is soft, 4 to 6 minutes. Add chard (or spinach) and cook, stirring, until starting to wilt, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, beans and pepper and bring to a simmer. Stir in the gnocchi and sprinkle with mozzarella. Cover and cook until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling, about 3 minutes.