Mexican Zucchini and Beef
* 2 medium zucchini, sliced and quartered
* 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 (10 oz can) tomatoes & green chilies (or salsa, or diced tomatoes)
* 1 tablespoon chili powder
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
* 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1. Brown ground beef with minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
2. Cook over medium heat until meat is browned.
3. Add tomatoes and remaining spices. Cover and simmer on low heat for another 10 minutes.
4. Add the zucchini. Cover and cook for about 10 more minutes until zucchini is cooked, but still firm.