* 16 oz of mushrooms, halved and wiped clean (I like using a mix of white mushrooms and creminis)
* 3 tablespoons of butter
* 2 cloves of garlic, minced
* 1 cup of beer (a lager or pilsner)
* 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh oregano, + extra for garnish
* 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh thyme
* Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
1. Melt the butter in a skillet over moderate heat.
2. Add the garlic and simmer until fragrant, stirring, approx. 30 seconds. Do not brown the garlic.
3. Add the mushrooms to the skillet and toss to evenly coat them in butter.
4. Slowly pour in the beer, and bring to a simmer on medium-low heat.
5. Add the fresh herbs, and kosher salt and cracked black pepper.
6. Poach the mushrooms for approx. 25-30 mins, stirring occasionally.
7. Garnish with fresh oregano and serve.