FARE’s Teal Pumpkin Project helps make sure all children will come home on Halloween night with something they can enjoy. It just takes one simple act: offering non-food treats, such as glow sticks or small toys, as an alternative to candy. Place a teal pumpkin in front of your home to indicate to passersby that you have non-food treats available.
One non-food treat option is homemade Play Dough.
Play Dough Recipe:
* 2 cups flour
* 1 cup salt
* 2 cups water
* 1Tsp vegetable oil
* 4tsp cream of tartar
* food coloring
Play Dough Method:
1. Mix all the ingredients together in a big pot and then put it onto the stove.
2. At first the mixture is quite runny, but after a few minutes on the stove it forms a dough.
3. Keep stirring continuously; make sure to stir the bottom of the pot so it does not burn.
4. In about 2 minutes your mixture will be like dough.
5. Take it out, allow it to cool and knead like bread a few times.
6. Divide the dough into as many colors as you want and add food coloring!
7. Food coloring goes a long way – so start off with a tiny amount (a tooth pick tip)