Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 8-10 Fritters
* 1 large head, fresh broccoli (or a bag of florets)
* 1 large egg
* ½ an onion
* 2 teaspoons minced garlic
* 1/3 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
* 1/3 cup flour (can substitute almond flour for a lower carb option)
* 1 teaspoon kosher salt
* ¼ teaspoon black pepper
* Olive oil
1. Chop the broccoli into florets. Discard the hard middle stem, but chop the softer stems. Place the broccoli and stem pieces in a food processor and pulse a few times until the broccoli is chopped.
2. Add in the eggs, onion, garlic, flour, and Parmesan. Pulse again a couple of times until well combined (about 5 seconds of pulsing). Stir the salt and pepper through the mixture.
3. Form 8-10 fritters on the prepared baking sheets, making sure the fritters do not touch each other.
4. Pan fry in a nonstick pan over medium heat until golden on both sides.
5. Allow fritters to cool slightly before serving. Serve with Greek yogurt or low- fat sour cream.