Chili-Lime Beef and Red Kidney Bean Bowls with Avocado Cream Sauce
1/4 cup freshly squeezed Lime Juice (about 4 medium limes)
1 tablespoon Chili Powder
1/2 teaspoon ground Chipotle Pepper
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
1 pound boneless thin beef sirloin tip steak
1 can Red Kidney Beans, rinsed and drained
2 ripe medium Tomatoes, diced
¼ cup fresh Cilantro, chopped
1 ripe Avocado
5 tablespoons Fat Free Half and Half
¼ tsp. Salt
¼ tsp. Pepper
2 cups Brown Rice, cooked (1 cup uncooked= 2 cups cooked)
Sliced fresh Jalapeno and Lime Wedges (garnish)
1. Combine Lime Juice, Chili Powder, Chipotle Pepper and Kosher Salt in a medium bowl. Set aside 1 teaspoon of mixture for later use.
2. Place half of remaining Lime juice mixture in a large zip-top bag. Add Beef to bag and shake to coat meat. Marinate meat in refrigerator at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
3. Add Kidney Beans, Tomato and Cilantro to reserved Lime Juice mixture in medium bowl; toss and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
4. Slice Avocado in half and remove pit. Scoop flesh into bowl of a small food processor. Add the reserved 1-teaspoon of Lime Juice mixture, Half-and-Half, Salt, Pepper and a sprinkle of finely chopped Cilantro and pulse just until combined and creamy in food processor. Store covered in refrigerator until ready to serve.
5. When ready to prepare, heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Remove meat from bag (discard marinade). Grill Beef 2 - 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from pan and let rest 5 minutes. Slice into ¼-inch strips.
6. Arrange Rice among serving bowls. Top evenly with beans and beef. Drizzle with Avocado Cream Sauce.